What are the benefits of the ATP Scheme?
- More practices engaged in training the future primary and community care workforce.
- A robust infrastructure for the provision and support of quality assured placements for medical and healthcare students.
- Inter professional learning and working becomes embedded in primary care.
- A future workforce completing their training competent to work in primary and community care.
- A future workforce with greater understanding of the roles of colleagues through inter-professional learning.
- Greater opportunity to ensure an appropriately training workforce for the implementation of services to support national policy and demographic trends.
- Robust partnerships between placement providers and educational institutions (HEI’s and Medical Schools).